Summary rating from 8 user's marks. You can set own marks for this article - just click on stars above and press "Accept".
Study At Phillipines Medical Education
- The Philippines - officially known as the Republic of the Philippines is a sovereign island country in Southeast Asia situated in the western Pacific Ocean. It is the 3rd largest English speaking country in the world with a population of more than 98 million people.
- At 300,000 square kilometres (115,831 sq mi), the Philippines is an archipelago of 7,107 islands and the 73rd-largest country in the world with three main geographical divisions: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The capital city of Philippines is Manila.
- The Philippines had reminded a Spanish colony for over 300 years followed by 48 year colonization by the United States, making the country's 94% population capable of conversing in English. The two official languages of Philippines are Filipino and English.
- 1000s of Indians, particularly Tamils, Punjabis and Sindhis are settled in the Philippines. Hence availability of Indian food and culture offers good living conditions for Indian students. At 6.5 - 8 Hours travel time from South Indian cities Philippines is easily accessible for Indian students to travel and study Medicine.
Key Reasons To Study Medicine In Philippines
- US education Curriculum and system; Wide career opportunities all over the world
- 1 in 10 Physicians practicing in USA are graduates of Philippine medical institutions
- Option to do clinical studies in USA / other countries. Clinical rotations can be done in top medical facilities in Philippines as well
- MCAT, SAT, IELTS / TOEFL Scores not required
- Practical and Perfectly planned education curriculum and pattern that results in high success rates in licensing examinations(Like USMLE, MCI, PLAB, AMC etc)
- Dedicated USMLE training / preparations during the course of study
- Up to 5-10 times lesser cost than studying Medicine in USA or other major countries
- Shorter course durations: 4 to 5.5 Years.
- 100% FREE recognized post graduate training in USA / other developed countries on successful completion of USMLE or other respective licensing examinations with good score
- Stipend paid during Post Graduate Education
- Three intakes a year: January / February, June and October / November
- High Visa success rate and lower documentation requirements